(#1 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default QUESTIONS: Rimmel London Commercial - 05-02-2014, 12:14 AM

Hi, I'm back from the pregnancy abyss to ask y'all something. I don't watch much TV, so maybe this has been a thing for Rimmel London makeup, but I saw a commercial that really irritated me. The actress had a VERY difined gap in her teeth. I can only guess it was a play on their slogan "The London Look" and I found it incredibly wrong?! It was like, blackface, but with UK people. I know there are people on here from over the pond (I'm American). I saw another commercial of a Canadian drinking syrup like it was a whiskey bottle and was disgusted by that too. I guess my question is, is this offensive to you guys? Or is it a good natured joke that's just over my 9month overly emotional head??

I guess my second question stems from extreme curiosity. If we're (Americans) making fun of other countries blatantly in commercials, are Americans being stereotyped in y'all's commercials too? If so...what do we look like to y'all?

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!