View Single Post
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-17-2014, 01:10 AM

She's out of the hospital now, but has to walk with a walker. She's 48. :/

In the other side of things, my dad went on his first official date since he and my mom separated this past summer (she walked out).

They (my dad and his possible new girlfriend?) used to work together. I've met her before, and she's nice... she has two kids (I think, like, 18 and 14ish?) and two dogs. Even when my parents were together, I knew my dad kind of liked this other woman, and she's been divorced for a while so it's not exactly a major shocker to me. He's gone to her house to fix things up before, and they went to the bar and she bought him a beer as thanks, but this was the first time he ever called it a 'date'.

It's... a weird feeling though, with my dad seeing someone that isn't my mom. Yeah, she's nice, and I've been saying for years now that my dad deserves to be happy and my mom just wasn't... making him happy anymore, but it's still weird.

It's just one date, but like I said... they used to work together, and they've been friends for years, and I always could tell they had chemistry, so... even though it's only one date, I can't help but at least think about what it would be like with a step mom and step siblings. Would they buy a new house together or move in here? There's not really enough room, but probably Glen and I would have moved out by the time that happens. Still, we live in the basement, so if they did move in, either one of her kids or my little brother would have to move into the basement. And three dogs and a cat? The cat would hate that, and I don't think Rocco would be too keen on other dogs being in the house either.

Yeah, I'm thinking wayyy too far ahead. For now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!