View Single Post
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-07-2014, 01:01 AM

I think it was just called Hiroshima, but I'm not sure.

I believe the potential Soviet Invasion (their threat to invade Japan) had as great of an effect on the Japanese as the bomb did. Also, if it had been dropped on a less populated area, they still could have shown the effects, but just saved a lot of the lives lost.

Atomic bombs... It changes the whole unspoken rules of war. It's like bringing a gun to a fist fight. Regular bombs would have been sufficient, IMO, and wouldn't have had as devastating of effects. If atomic weapons hadn't been used, all the worry about 'nuclear war' now might not have been. But now that it's been used, it can be threatened, and unfortunately, I don't doubt that it will be used again by someone against someone else.

They were training civilians to fight, but I would have been opposed to America going over there to war as well. There are other ways to do things. And just because civilians were being trained, doesn't make them soldiers. It's not as though they weren't innocent.

Simply put, bomb them with regular bombs on military areas. Not atomic bombs nearby elementary schools, killing thousands of innocent children.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!