View Single Post
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 03-06-2014, 11:48 PM

I have conflicted feelings about the Atomic Bombs.

Yes, they are incredibly horrible and I truly wish that we had never created them. I mean, nuclear weapons is basically a death sentence for a good 10 years or more. I mean, look at Chernobyl.

On the other hand: From the American viewpoint, the Japanese were terrifying. I mean, they would literally fight til death and they had such a strict honour code that we knew it wasn't going to be an easy fight. I mean, they had kamikazes.

Our thinking was, if we bomb them, they will surrender and we can save thousands upon thousands of lives both ways. I mean, if we had gone to war and not drop the bombs, I probably would not have been born nor half of our population. And that would have been for both sides.

Now, dropping both bombs was probably not needed. I just...either way it was not going to be pretty. Truman had a very hard decision because either way, lives were going to be lost. He just made it to where more Japanese lives were lost than American. Not saying its right, just saying that's how it was.

What was the documentary title, tho. I might watch it.

Oh and the other thing. We were being informed that they were training civilians how to fight.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!