View Single Post
(#542 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-26-2013, 01:43 AM

She nodded and was quiet for a few minute as she gathered her thoughts, before she slowly began speaking.

"When Kiki and me were sixteen, we'd just started sophomore year in college. We were called prodigies, engineering geniuses. I just liked cars and engines and making things work more efficiently, Kiki's an acoustic genius and wanted to build bigger, better auditoriums and recording equipment." She rubbed her neck. "I met my ex, Jan Aras, there; he was one of those guys who went there for half-college, because they're too smart for high school but don't have enough credits to graduate. Anyway, we get stuck on a project together, and he wants to show me his pet project, his car." She sighed dreamily. "His car was gorgeous, one of the best engines I'd ever seen in my life and it ran so perfectly."

The smile left her face, "At the time, I started having... mood problems, then full on head problems. I was hearing... voices, having hallucinations, whatever you want to call them. I figured it was stress caused by school, and Jan offered to take me to meet a friend of his who could help alleviate my headaches and stress. I started... started smoking, and eventually went up to a few other ones when the we'ed stopped working." Her hands shook as she clasped them against her knees. "I... I saw you change in the park, before," she admitted. "Today. But I thought, I swear to god I thought I was seeing things and losing my da.mn mind. But you telling me all this, and telling me that werewolves are real, that means vampires are real, and Jan killed his brother. A vampire." She bit her lip. "He was incinerated in a crash. Jan and I got real deep into an underground racing ring, drag racing and the like, and his brother was largely to blame; whenever Jan had to ask him for a favor, he demanded that he fix up the cars in payment. We eventually started racing and... sh*t, it was like heaven, until it all went south.

"Jan wanted to knock his brother down, stop the bullsh*t going on; people who lost usually died or went missing, or people who managed to beat Pater Aras would disappear. Jan... he wanted me to get sober; I was drunk or high almost constantly for nearly two years. But I couldn't get straight again; every time I started falling off a high, I started losing it all again.

"Kiki and her ex, some singer, got me and her a ticket out of town. Jan was probably in on it." Some tears streaked down her cheeks; she still missed him, but knew da.mn well how bad he was for her. "I don't know if he knows about his brother being a bloodsucker. But the way I caught that f*cker looking at me and my sister time and again, I swear I saw his teeth get long." She shuddered. "We left everything behind when we came here. Haven't been here long; don't have much a sense of time anymore, myself, but sometimes I feel like we're always about to pick up and move shop again. I hate it."

----

Kiki stared at her phone, finger hovering over a contact. Antoinette. She chewed on her lip and turned off her screen, leaning against the counter. "Dammit." She rubbed her face and watched the patrons for a few seconds before turning around to clean whatever she could deem as dirty.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!