View Single Post
(#697 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-25-2013, 12:05 PM

"I'll catch up to you in a minute." Diane opened a door and stepped inside gingerly.

The room was dimly lit by light coming in through the window, but it was enough to illuminate what had once been rather grand quarters. The carpet seemed to be a red color, or what was left of it, and the remnants of the bed were rusted and sunken.

Across the room, a dusty box sat on a dresser, a crank broken next to it. She brushed the dust off the lid and opened it, examining the contents. A black disk rested within a mechanism apparently designed to read it, and her jaw dropped. "Hyena, come here! I found a record player!" She'd never really seen one in person; photos, from a distance in a museum, but that was it, and she'd certainly never heard one play.

She found the power cord and picked it up. The rubber outer casing of the cord had rotted away, but she had tape to cover it up with and maybe she could utilize her little solar charger to... She smiled, absolutely stunned to find something like this. What record was it? She gingerly picked up the disk and was relieved that it didn't break apart, and she examined the old, old sticker. The ink had been preserved somewhat thanks to the lack of light, but it was still hard to read. "... Iron... Maiden...?"

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!