View Single Post
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-19-2013, 03:32 AM

Janelle walked back in. "Alex will be coming over soon." She said. "But he doesn't sound to happy."
~
Torie nodded. "Hot cocoa is good for any occasion." She replied. When the kettle started to whistle, she took it off the stove and poured water into two of the cups. She quickly stirred one and handed it to him.

Alex walked in. "Hey, Torie. I have to go out but I will be back in a little bit." He said.

"Ok. Kevin is here, so I won't be alone." She responded.

"Right." He replied, less than pleased. "Do you want me to bring you back anything?"

She shook her head. "No."

Alex looked at Kevin and then back at Torie. "Ok, well you have my number and I will only be a few miles away." He said, hugging her.

"Alex, I'm fine." She said, tensing up. "You don't need to baby me." She added, pushing him away.

"Torie, I'm not trying to baby you but you just lost your friends. I-"

"You don't think I know that!" She spat. "I didn't just lose my friends, Alex, I lost my family. I lost everything that I held dear to me. I don't need to be reminded of that because it is constantly on my mind. And not only did I lose my family but I am the cause of it. If it wasn't for me, if I hadn't started the resistance, they would still be alive."

"Torie, look, I-" Alex started.

"No. Just go, Alex. Do whatever it is you have to do." She snapped, grabbing her cup of cocoa and walking out onto the porch, slamming the door behind her.
~
"Of course not. Just everything that he holds dear." She said, crawling out of bed, naked. She walked over to the bar and poured herself a drink.
~
The two men were still sitting at the table, this time each had a pint of beer in there hands.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!