Thread: The Program
View Single Post
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 10-16-2013, 06:15 PM

"There must be a reason that you are still here. I do have good news. One second, Victoria." Stanley walked out of the room and said to Mr. Rice, "I want you to come inside and follow my lead. You need to tell her you are going to shut down The Program."

"What?! No, I'm not shutting it down. Besides, it may be my creation, but whether or not it stays functional is NOT my choice. It's up to each individual national government to decide to carry it or not."

"Then tell her you will not licsence it to any more countries, and you are in talks about what can be done to fix it so it's less.. well, just follow my lead, Mr. Rice." Stanley walked back in, followed by David. He said to Torie, "Mr. Rice is here."

Ryan told Janelle, "Alex says he's coming here."
-
When Dave heard them leave, he quietly walked up the last few stairs and to his room. He sat on his bed and stared and the wall across from him. Maybe some things were better off forgotten. He waited until her heard Reina and her family leave, and then went back downstairs. Leah's mother was sitting on the black leather living room sofa, looking through an old photo album. "Mom?"

She jumped, "Oh, Dave, you startled me. You move around quieter than a mouse!"

"Yeah. What are you looking at?" Dave sat beside his mom, and she quickly closed the photo album. "Nothing, just pictures."

"Of me?"

"Family photos of you, me, and your father."

"That's a long time ago then... Can I see the photos?"

Leah bit her lip, "I don't think that's the best idea, Dave. Not after everything you've been through with The Program. Besides, I thoughts you were going for a nap?"

"I.." Dave sighed, "I couldn't sleep."

"Why not?" Leah asked curiously.

"I guess I wasn't tired." Dave lied. He paused. "Can I please see one picture of the three of us?"

Leah peeked into the book, trying to pick a very generic one that wouldn't trigger any memories. She settled on one that they had done as a professional family portrait. Dave had only been 4 or 5, and he wasn't being very co-operative, so Leah never did hang it up. She did have a fully framed copy of it out in the garage somewhere. Leah's hair was longer, and not black and purple like it was now, but bleached blond. She didn't look much older than 21, and neither did Nate, who was dressed in a plain black tee and a faded blue jeans, his long brown hair was worn in dreadlocks. Dave was sitting down on the floor, drawing on a piece of paper.

"We look happy there." Dave commented.

"Well, your father and I were forced to smile, and you wouldn't sit still unless we let you colour." Leah said, trying hard not to laugh while thinking about it.

"What happened between you and dad?" Dave asked, barely above a whisper.

"We had a... disagreement, so I divorced him." Leah answered, trying to sound as vague as possible.

"Sounds a little harsh, doesn't it? You couldn't talk it out?"

Leah frowned, "No. He wouldn't change his opinion. He still won't admit I was right, even though I know that deep down he knows I was right." She kissed her son on the forehead and stood up. "Now, if you wouldn't mind, I'm going to go have a quick nap before I have to make dinner."

Dave stood up as well, "Mom... I love you too." He hugged her tightly until she let go and went up to her bedroom, bringing the photo album with her.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 10-16-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!