Thread: The Program
View Single Post
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 09-28-2013, 11:45 AM

"I feel like I know that guy." Ryan said. He looked at Torie and raised a brow, "You seem upset that I asked. If it's someone we know, shouldn't you want to help me remember?"
-
Afterward, Heather cuddled close to Janelle and fell asleep.
-
By this time, Ella had left the police station and was back home, crying as silently as she could in her bedroom. Her father walked in and asked her what was wrong.

"It's about the baby, dad. I'm having two."

"Twins? Oh." He frowned.

"And there are two different dads. Apparently it's pretty rare in humans, but it happens all the time in other animals."

"TWO dads? Oh... oh, Ella..." Jay shook his head. "Do you know who?"

"I sent the results back for a double check, but I did get the first results."

"Mike? Ryan?" He asked about the only two guys he knew Ella had dated.

"No, neither of them. Alex, a friend of Torie's who came in from London and is now back there. He doesn't want anything to do with the baby. And Kyle... He's in jail right now, and he says he wants to look after both the kids, but can't because if his court date is coming up and he could be in jail for a while if he's convicted."

Ella's dad knew right away what she was asking. "And you want my help with that?"

"Well, you're a defense lawyer, dad. Much better than the state-appointed ones. You can help him."

"What's he being accused of?"

"Um." Ella didn't know how to say this without her dad freaking out, "Drug possession, drug paraphernalia, possession of Qwik-Death, and... and, don't panic, but attempted murder... me as the victim."

"WHAT?! He tried to kill you?!"

"It's a long story... He says he didn't want to kill me and that it should only be an assault charge. He poisoned me with a drop of Qwik-Death - just enough to make me sick. If he did know that a drop would not kill me, then he has a case, does he not?"

"I..." Ella's dad took a deep breath and sat down. "I suppose he would. It would be similar to shooting someone in the foot. It's a deadly weapon, but used to inflict harm, not death. But it'll be hard to get him anything less than a few years. I will need to meet up with this boy tomorrow."

"Okay, daddy." Ella hugged him.

"Ella, I do not know if I agree with this idea. If he's a violent man, then I worry about you and the children."

"He's not 'violent', but he is scary... I would never leave him alone with the babies, but I do want my children to have a father-figure."

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 09-28-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!