View Single Post
(#436 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-11-2013, 02:35 AM

Capri was quiet for a few seconds. "Was a da.mn beautiful thing to watch though, never saw a wolf in its natural habitat before. Only zoos and stuff." She clicked to the next picture; this one was of Kiki, when she hadn't been looking on the walk home. "And this is my sister. She dyes her hair brown, she's boring like that." She giggled. "But she's got the same weird eyes as me, she can't stand it and she's been trying to find contacts to hide it."

------

Kiki leaned against the counter at the cafe, feeling mildly exhausted after the rush of customers. She glanced up at the ceiling, thinking to check on Capri, but a woman walked in and stepped right up to the counter. She was rather striking, she thought; stormy gray-blue eyes, long orange hair, not a single freckle on her nose. Kiki jolted out of her thoughts and straightened up.

"What can I get you today?" She smiled. The woman read the wall menu for a moment before turning her eyes down to meet hers. She quickly dodged the look - she couldn't stand eye contact - and picked up another menu, this one laminated and filled with drinks front and back. "We've also got more variety here, those are just the standard fixes."

"I don't suppose you sell tea here?" The tone of disappointment was palpable.

"Yes, in fact." She flipped over the small menu. "Can I recommend one? You look like the sort to be fond of mint." A small twitch at the corner of her mouth before a tiny smile spread across her face gave her an answer. "We've got two that are green mint teas; a peppermint rose, which has a lovely floral taste along with the fresh peppermint leaves, and a moroccan mint that's more spearmint than peppermint."

"I'll have a small pot of both, if that's fine. I'm in a mood to relax somewhere that isn't home for awhile." Her voice had changed subtly to one more friendly, but there was something about it that she couldn't quite place. "Also, and I apologize if this is a faux pas, would it be alright for me to put two tables together for a workspace?"

"It's fine." She smiled. "We get people coming in for business work a lot." She turned some to the section dedicated to tea. "The best table for that's over in the corner, away from the window," she said apologetically.

"No matter to me. I prefer privacy." She pulled out a twenty. "How much?"

"I'll just charge you for the price of one, since I'm making two small pots." She pressed the buttons and handed her the change. "There you go, miss...?"

"Ariella." She smiled. "Kiki, right?" She nodded at her name tag.

"Yep. Well, the full name is Enkidu, but," she grimaced, "don't really like it too much so I just shortened it."

"It's different." She paused. "Are your eyes naturally like that?"

"Mhm." She put both the pots on a tray. "Here, I'll show you the table."

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!