View Single Post
(#961 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 09-01-2013, 10:45 PM

Thanks, Carrie. We'll see what she decides when we drive down to my Nana's tomorrow. =/

Delaney, CALM DOWN. xD It's great that you feel so driven to excellence, but don't have a breakdown over school grades. I'm not saying they don't matter, but some things (like your health, friends/family, happiness, and general quality of life) are more important. What are you going into?

I know how you feel. I have always been a perfectionist, and when I was your age, my grades were SUPER important to me. Our grading system here is a little different than yours (Under 50% is F, 55% is D, 65% is C, 75% is B, 85% is an A, and anything over 90% is A+, and we can't get over 100% - even the smartest kids in school had a 90-95% average), but when I was in Grade 7-10, I would consider anything under 80% (A-) a total fail for myself. I was stressed, I was depressed, I was even suicidal. I was an absolute mess. (Of course, I had other issues, but stressing myself out because I didn't get A's was not helping me).

However, by the time I was in Grade 12, my opinions on grades changed. I realized I had been beating myself up over, what, not being the best? I thought about what I wanted to be when I grew up, and you know what my answer was? A stay-at-home mom. Of course, I knew I would need some sort of job as a backup, so I decided that I would calm down about grades, and just see where life took me. =) Once I figured that out, I enjoyed life more. <3

Long story short, stress=unhealthy. Don't make life hard for yourself.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!