View Single Post
(#224 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-30-2013, 07:17 PM

"If it was a real fire, wouldn't the floor and walls feel hot to the touch? And wouldn't there be smoke elsewhere? More tellingly, the Mayor and the cops are still outside the door; I can see their shadows coming from the next room," Phoenix said. "They must have started a fire in one of the other vents. Since this building is of historical significance, it would really damage the Mayor's reputation if he let it burn down, so I expect he'll put a stop to it pretty soon."

The Mayor's secretary in fact was worried about this. She had been the one to call the Mayor when it was discovered that the hippies had locked themselves inside his office, and she remained with him.

"Sir," she said, pleadingly. "This is dangerous! If the building goes up in flames... the press could get hold of it, and this building has been here since frontier times. Think what the papers would say! If you don't put out the fire right now, then I will!"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!