(#103 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-20-2013, 10:35 PM

This doll probably took about 20 minutes. Some shadow effects probably could have done it some justice, but it was a last minute entry. Although I'm glad I got to reuse it for Miranda's Pirate contest.
Credit: Renderosity-BG, Me-Frame

First entry for Lovie's Tribal Princesses Pageant. My Purist Princess is all about being...pure. So everything is white. I would explain, but I'll just add what the requirements were.
Quote:
In a Purist tribe everything is white. Everything except their eye color which are vivid blue. They have tattoos on their forehead which are symbols representing status.
They also had to live in somewhere that's...you guessed it: White! So I figured why not in the clouds? And if you look close, her tattoo on her forehead is a cross. If you really think about it a cross is a torture device, but that's not what I'm going for!!! Promise! Instead I based it off of who carried the cross. Since Jesus is the King of kings and Lord of lords, I figured the cross would signify high royalty and in the case, purity. By no means am I comparing this purity doll to Jesus. (For anyone who may somehow find this offensive.) It's just an idea that I went off of, that's all.

Okay I'm going to be honest, I'm not too crazy about this doll. I mean, yeah she's pretty, but it's just so white and bland. I like color.

Which is why I chose to do Rouge as well, and boy am I glad I did!
Quote:
In a Rogues tribe the women wear crimson scarlet draped around them. They're of elvish decent, so intricate jewels and ornaments are a must.
And they live in snowy, cold, places. (Reminds me of Santa's elves a little.)
I was finally able to use Lovie's beautiful dress and head she made for me as a prize a while back. I recolored the dress and added a cape which required some editing. Also I found this AMAZING google chome extension called GIF Scrubber. It allows to break down animations into each frame. HOW COOL IS THAT!? It saves me an uber amount of time and hassle! With some carefully planned out framing of glitter pieces I was able to make this doll in 20 frames.
Credit: LancasterPrincess-Dress and Head, TDP-Cape and Jewelry, Renderosity-BG, Me-Frame

Last edited by eros : 08-20-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!