View Single Post
(#55 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-19-2013, 10:44 PM

And now, the crown jewel! (Plus another older one)

For Lovie's DIY Background contest. This thing took me nearly 6, 7 hours straight to complete. Used items from Ness's maker, Lovie's maker, styledollz, and drew in her outfit. The pose was what sold me. It's just so...cave-woman like xD I melded two cave openings to get what you see here, and I smudged the edges so they wouldn't be so harsh. I used a grass prop, resized it, rotated it, and repeated the process a couple times to add moss to those cave walls. Knew I wanted the fire and the log in there, but realized it was missing something, so added the wolf. Also used the cave drawings cause they fit, and added a little hammer tool. Added vine-y leaves on top of the moss. Found a good background to use for the night sky, and the view from inside the cave looking out was born. Drew the dress in last, added the head and toned down the color, decided her neck looked bare so found a necklace that kinda looked like teeth and played that up, and then, I was ready to start animating.

Lordy, this animation. It was difficult to get the flames to look right; I probably should have played with the height of their placement more. Spent FOR-EV-ER trying to get the flickering shadows to look right, without having them change too much, and having them flicker in the right direction. Dunno how truly successful I was in that endeavor. Had a hard time making her look like she was sitting in the scene and not just pasted on top of the log; also unsure of my success. Used the CC from a while back and added in an extra frame to delay the animation a little so it wouldn't be so jarring.

I struggled to find a fitting frame; there were lots I wanted to use, but they ended u cutting off the bottom or the wolf or whatnot. This one worked because it's arched and it follows the arch of the cave mouth. Nixed adding any text since the focus of this contest was the background, and I didn't want to obscure it anymore than the frame already did. Chose that glitter tile cause it looks flame-like, fell over from exhaustion.

Just kidding on that last part...but this truly is the doll I've put the most effort into to date. I didn't even PLAN on doing a prehistoric doll; it just sort of happened when I played around a bit. In fact, I'd wanted to to a Greco-Roman temple type thing, but I couldn't find a good enough canvas to start with (read: flat rocky area with a sky background).

And for good measure...

A doll I made for a contest that only allowed items from the Unique maker, with no edits other than rotation and copy-paste allowed. Was proud of the frame made out of sleeves I got on this one : )

The kissing version of my banner doll because look at that pose! Dress made by Lovie. I had fun adding in the hat and parasol here. I should probably edit it so that it winks too lol.

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 06-19-2014 at 05:57 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!