View Single Post
(#54 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-19-2013, 10:24 PM

Le Doll Dump, part deux! All of these were made using Lovie's maker, Ness's maker, Donette's maker, styledollz, dollzmania, and my own work.

For round one of the Adventure Pageant (whatever happened to subsequent rounds of that contest?): doll your character doing what they'd do with a bunch of money. I couldn't figure out how to get the gold to look better, but that's cause I spent a majority of my time and effort on this doll editing her arm so it looks like she's "shushing" because the location of her treasure is a secret. I wasn't sure if my concept was creative or cliche, to be honest. I did heavy face editing, too. I like the background and frame but wish I'd used a treasure chest or something instead of the pile of gold coins. Want to see what it should have looked like? Look at Rachel's pirate in Miranda's pirate contest right now.

This one I made specifically for the purpose of fitting three separate contests: The Foxy contest, the Halloween/Autumn contest, and the Orange contest. I didn't want to reuse the doll I made for the last orange themed contest, so I tried to come up with something completely different. I think it's actually pretty cute, and an interesting take on the "foxy" prompt.

For Donnette's Monster High:Frankie contest. Guh, this doll. Pain in the behind! It was so difficult to get her to look right. I liked that base cause it had similar proportions to the actual designs of the characters, but the huge eyes and weird angel were horrifying to work with. The head went through some major edits. I ended up resizing things from Dollzmania's Monster High maker since some of it I just couldn't find. Also screen-shot the plaid pattern and used it as a brush. The frame was interesting...attempted to edit the skulls to look like the Monster High logo, and added the bows. Interesting, but not exactly pretty. Oh well!

For the Fairy Pageant. I was SO thrilled to be able to use this outfit! Spent a lot of time editing the skin color and changing the dress so it looked more tree like...she is supposed to resemble a tree, I was kinda going for a dryad type thing. That's why she has messier, bushier hair, and wings that look like leaves. I struggled to pick a proper background and frame for this; I kept vacillating between two combos I liked, but this one won out cause the glitter looked better, and it wasn't quite so dark.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!