View Single Post
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-16-2013, 10:55 AM

I hate soccer. Find it snooze-fest boring. I'm actually a really good soccer player (I played it most of my life), but I can't stand watching it. =)

I watch some baseball, mostly 'cuz my family does. CFL is the most interesting sport I've seen played. NFL moves too slow for my liking, and focus far too much on the running game. Ground runs for a couple yards a play... BORING. Also they have an extra down. Only 3 downs in CFL. Forces you to make bigger plays. In the NFL guys are bigger, but in the CFL guys are leaner and quicker. Allows for bigger plays. A defensive back in the NFL would have to play linebacker in the CFL. They'd never be able to catch a receiver in CFL. As far as trades go, they're a big part of the CFL too, but with only 8 teams (9 this next year), they never go too far. As for money... Well, league minimum is 45k and nobody is paid more than 300k (I don't think)... Which is pretty much the minimum of what the NFL practice roster gets paid... Which I like. It's not millions upon millions.

CFL is more like NCAA and high school football then NFL is.

I never liked school sports though. My hubby's University team won the championship (Vanier Cup, in Canada) last year. I never went to see a game though. All I care about is CFL. =)

I created a CFL monster with my hubby though. He never used to watch until we started dating (I've watched it my whole life, my aunt is a season ticket holder and my parents used to be before having kids, so it's in my blood) and now he's OBSESSED. ^_^

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 08-16-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!