View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-10-2013, 12:16 PM

It isn't even simply that though; even if you weren't to link, say, your Instagram with your Facebook, if someone wanted to hurt you enough, they will find you and do it because they're likely looking either for pictures you use or bits of info that are the same.

Another point to look at: People, until very recently, ignored this kind of crap. They said to ignore the online stuff because those people don't know you. In this day and age, people can find people they don't like and harass them 'til kingdom come. Reddit is particularly good - and bad - at this: They have found people who hurt kids, animals, and the like, but also put the wrong people in jail before. /4/chan helped find a woman who threw cats in bins in the UK and the man who threw a dog into the ocean - but they're also responsible for some of the worst online and telephone pranks in existence.

While we can't ignore the disaster that is the "You Dun Goofed, I've Reported You to the Authorities" family, there are those who make their own tragedies. Another personal example; a bully from my high school claims to be pregnant with her second kid, but posts very regularly about going out, getting drunk or stoned. Her response to people's questions? Kick them off her facebook, stop posting about drinking. Okay. Fine. Then, she claimed to be engaged to a guy none of us have heard of. My hometown is a place where you know everybody's business - and the guy isn't even real. Maybe it's karma that she's the town laughing stock; she's still the same b*tch I knew before.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!