View Single Post
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-26-2013, 10:55 AM

The weather here has been awesome the last couple days. Mid-70s and sunshine. The heat wave nearly killed me, bella. xD It's going to cool down next week (Wednesday is gonna be 60!) and be rainy though, so that sucks. >_> I guess all the summer weather decided to go on vacation next week.

Why does my signature not show up sometimes? WTF?

My neighbour is p*ssing me off. He and my dad are going splits on a fence - he had the holes dug and posts put in (MASSIVE ones, not the standard 4x4, so he paid extra). My dad was pay and put up all the boards. This would be about 50/50, BUT since he bought the bigger posts, he paid extra. My dad didn't want them.

NOW, the neighbour is moving. The fence isn't done and he keeps rushing my dad to do it, threatening to hire someone and then give my dad the bill. Oh, and since the other guy beside him put up lattice, he wants lattice on this side too - and he wants my dad to pay for it. MY DAD DOESN'T WANT LATTICE. They already talked about it when they started, that there would be no lattice. It seems like the people buying his house came by and asked about the lattice, and he's too cheap to pay for it himself. >_<

I've done research regarding fence laws. My dad only has to pay HALF of what HE thinks the fence should have cost. That means he has to pay HALF of the fence before the upgrades that only my neighbour wanted. If he wants to sue my dad over whatever the cost of the lattice is, he'll get squat. Putting in posts, 4x4, would cost 500. The 6x6's cost 650. The extra 150 is NOT on my dad's shoulders, since he never wanted them. My dad has put in very close to 500 as well, and since lattice is another upgrade, my dad would not have to pay for it. If a judge saw pictures of our yards, they would notice that the big posts and lattice wouldhave been the neighbours idea so his yard will be symmetrical. My dad's other side fence is 4x4s with no lattice. Also, seeing as the neighbour is moving, it is obvious that he should be paying it since he agreed to the buyers it would be done. My dad made no such agreement.

/rant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!