View Single Post
(#891 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 07-12-2013, 04:57 PM

Neela stared down at her textbook, flipping through it idly as she waited for her food. Arik stood nearby, re-stocking the fridges under the counter and rearranging the bottles on the shelves, and eventually he came over with the drink she'd ordered once her book was closed. He knew by now that she very much disliked being bothered while reading. "Here you go, Vanilla and Cherry Coke in one glass. Y'weirdo." He laughed a bit.

"It's delicious and you know it." She took a drink, raising an eyebrow at him. "What's got you so pale today?"

"Bar's not doing too good, financially." He rubbed the back of his neck. "We'll get by, we do every time we start coming down to the wire." He left her alone and she was left with her thoughts. These thoughts turned to her old lives, wondering where she'd gone wrong: Every life felt the same, though the parental roles between her parents always flipped. One loving the life at sea, the other judgmental of it and demanding she stay out of it. She always went out to sea in the end, leaving the hateful parent behind. She remembered, once, someone she loved so dearly - her soulmate, the one constant she'd never be unable to appreciate - and their disappearance. When she'd felt the connection disappear, it was though her heart had been ripped to pieces before being reassembled, but it had been reassembled all wrong and a great big piece was missing.

That hole remained even now, more frayed at the edges than ever as the years went by, and she stared silently at her drink, wishing very badly she had a bottle of rum nearby. Da.mn Yankees and their drinking limit. Her desire to go and be at her father's side was the only thing she had in life, so lonely was she.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!