(#4 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-09-2013, 06:56 PM

I have all the pieces the way I want them, so now I make a green box (of a color not used on the doll) and put all the doll items on it like so making sure the white parts are not transparent.
See now when I would have pasted them on a background the white would have been transparent. Remember my color changing thread? I use that method except I make the second color a little darker than true white.
I make sure not to go outside the dolls outlines while recoloring. Once I've finished that, I get rid of any leftover green. The doll is transparent proof!

It's background time! Pandas love bamboo so my background will consist of that. (I normally go for 3D backgrounds, but pixel is fine too.) To check if the background is the correct size to glitter, put a red box around it, approximately 250x250. MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS EVERY TIME BEFORE YOU PUT YOUR DOLL TOGETHER OR ELSE IT WON'T GLITTER CORRECTLY!!!! It's small enough so I'll assemble my doll and animal props on the BG. Notice how I didn't use the large panda? It didn't fit, but I had a spare.

I make a lot of my own frames, but majority of them are 250x250. I need to resize one to fit on the doll correctly.
I didn't make this one, but I like it. It's easier to resize frames if they're sqaure-like. TIP: Frames are easier to glitter when they're brightly colored, and when the color is not used on the doll. The area the fills in the space around it makes it easier to transparent it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!