View Single Post
(#714 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-10-2013, 01:17 PM

Charles had started at the first name of the agent he'd hired; it was similar to that of his Diclonius son, Alexis. He mentally pulled himself together, and replied to the man's question.

"This is highly classified information," he said. "Ten years ago, after we put half of our Silpelits thru the neogenic recombinator machine, one of the test subjects appeared not to survive the ordeal. This was the Silpelit named Cloud, and she was five years old. I ordered that she be taken out and disposed of. However, on the way to the incinerator, she came to suddenly and escaped.

"At the time, we were... somewhat indisposed, so were unable to send people after her. Also, there were no reported deaths by dismemberment, so I wrote her off as having died. I had... other things to worry about, namely the death of my wife Amelie and our baby son. Now tho, I have received new information that worries me, somewhat."

Charles took out a file and pulled a series of photographs out of it. He tossed them over to Alexei. "Here," he said. "Take a look at these. One of the scientists, on a routine visit to the local hospital, found evidence of a recent outbreak of Diclonii births. So far, none have developed vectors yet, but when they do... it could be dangerous.

"I want you to locate Cloud, wherever she is, and bring her back to the lab. Also, find out exactly how many families are affected. We need to nip this in the bud before the development of the babies' vectors."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!