View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-28-2013, 04:56 PM

Declan had a sharp eye, and was quick to discern the ones he'd want for his club; the fox, the bat, possibly the dog, but she wouldn't let go of whom he presumed was a relative, and Declan hated attachments.

The auctioneer brought forward the first, a tiny little thing with the ears and tail of a doe, and eyes round enough to match. She was so small an skinny she looked more pre-pubescent, so Declan decided he had no need for her; he could get assistants for his showgirls and -guys cheaper elsewhere.

He disengaged mentally a little, letting the buzz of conversation overcome him. He almost relaxed- until his son stumbled into him. Clearly, he'd managed to smuggle in a little drink. "Hey, dad," he breathed.

"What do you want?" Declan asked, just managing to bury the sneer tainting his tone.

"I want them." Declan looked down at his son, a man in his late teens. He was actually somewhat handsome, and paid good attention to his own looks. Declan followed a long finger pointing at the dogs.

"Them?" he asked, quirking a brow.

"I like the look of the boy, and the girl's perfect for dancing," his son said with a firm nod.

"If I offer for them both, will you take your drugs outside and not breathe on me like that?" Declan snarled.

"But not til then."

D,mn, boy had actually learned something, and if Declan tried to force him, he'd get kicked out of the place, which was very, very bad for business indeed.

~

Emily stroked Connor's hair and looked at Aza. "Of course I'm nervous, i'm about to be separated from my blood," she replied at last.

~

The little doe girl quivered before the crowd, barely comprehending the words the flowed around her so freely. English was such a hard language, with lots of rules that seemed made to be broken, and Yuuna struggled with it immensely.

She was first, and she wanted nothing more than to dive backstage and run away, run so no one could ever find her. but, afraid as she was of being sold, she was more afraid of security, and did little more than whimper and attempt to hide her face behind her dark brown hair.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!