View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-28-2013, 01:01 PM

Spartina got up from the couch and stretched lazily. She glanced at the clock; the auction was about to start, and therefore her owner would be very busy. She made her way to the hall where the auction was to be held. Glancing about, Spartina took in both the halfbreeds for sale and those who had come to bid.

There was that horrible club owner again, with his loathsome son; Spartina had seen them both at the auction place before and didn't like either of them one bit. There was that rich man and his pretty, silly wife; they had their own pet already, a surly black fox halfbreed who sat obediently at the wife's feet. Spartina had spoken to him before, and found that unlike her, Jett hated his role as pet and let his bitterness consume him. Perhaps his owners were there to find him a companion, which could only be a good thing.

The cat halfbreed found a comfortable place to sit on an old armchair at the back and settled down to watch the proceedings. This looked as tho it could be very entertaining.
~~~

Mara managed a watery smile as Axel spoke to her. She was very fond of him, and liked him to come with her whenever she attended the auctions. Of course, she would rather not have to go, but felt it her duty to do so in case anything happened. After all, she was quite willing to act as a witness if need be.

"Just the usual, I'm afraid," she said in reply to Axel's query. "I really need to extend the sanctuary, but I'm afraid that it'll be difficult getting planning permission. The money won't be a problem, as my parents will put it up, but the council are just so stubborn. They don't approve of the sanctuary, as if I cared, but it makes it so difficult whenever I have to do anything for it."

~~~

The auctioneer banged his hammer for silence. "The auction is now in session," he said, glancing to where he could see his pet, Spartina, curled up on an armchair. He heaved a sigh of relief that she was in plain sight and not wandering around, doing mischief. Much as he liked his pretty pet, he did think that she got into an awful lot of trouble. Still, that was the nature of such creatures; it wasn't her fault.

"Bring out the first lot," he continued, "Then the bids can begin."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!