(#9 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 01-15-2013, 03:00 PM

So I'm gonna include replies to earlier comments too:

Bridie: Collab doll: Ah yes the yellow part on the top. Yeah that was my bad. That was actually the last part of the outfit that I shaded and I actually thought a lot about going in and lowering the 'S' design but I decided that would detract from the actual idea that I was going for, so I left it. About the outline; that's actually how my style evolved over the years. When I first stared I would only shade inside the outline. As my skills grew I started not liking how that looked so I begain shading the outline with the rest of the doll. I know it's not everyone's favorite, but that's just my style. Also since it's been awhile I'm not quite where I used to be.

Ness: Collab doll: I knew that close-up the shading wasn't the best, but my main goal was to make sure that it looked decent from the normal view. Unfortunately I was limited to the capabilities of Pixlr. I figure if I want to get heavily back into HD dolls than I can get jump drive and take things home and bring them back to work to post. Of course I may just keep working at Pixlr til I get the settings to work the way I want. Portrait: Thanks. I really like the top too. I actually hand did the lace/mesh on the top. It was a total pain. I actually pulled out some lace I had for reference cause none of the images I could find online showed and edge that was pointed like that. And the hair looked WAY better before I reduced it to a .gif. I know I have the original somewhere, probably on one of my jump drives that is MIA.

Lovie: Collab doll: LOL. Tha's kinda funny that you didn't catch that. That part on the top of the head is actually supposed to look like a braid, which is why I didn't blend it more. Also the no folds thing was actually on purpose. The dress would be made of a stiff fabric and it would be made to fit without creases and folds. Well that's how the screeching fashion designer in my head is telling me to do it. Portrait: Thanks about the hair. Unfortunately I have never been really successful in incorporating stray hairs with my techniques so I don't do them. Usually they just look like pixels that got missed during clean-up. Also the choker is another thing that was much better before the conversion to .gif. It was actually the last thing I included because even though I had the big beads, all that neck seemed scandalous, not to mention empty.

Thanks again for commenting

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!