View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-14-2012, 03:35 PM

Guns are easy to get illegally because of legally bought weaponry. The guns can easily get passed around. However, I believe that most guns used in cases like this are legally obtained.

I believe these situations are meant to cause debate. If gun laws became stricter after this, the children and adults would not have died in vain. The terrible tragedy that happened today could be used to save lives tomorrow. That should be the goal. The second link I gave in the original post shows that many Americans believe that when gun violence occurs, that they then need to go out and buy guns for protection. That is not the answer. I could link more proof to back my claims, but the gist would be that The United States has the highest gun death rate of any developed nation, because most developed nations have made guns quite difficult to obtain. Some say that due to illegal guns, nothing would change, but if you look at the statistics, it very likely WOULD cause a change. Many child/teen shooters take guns from their household. Guns can be stolen. Easily. Guns are not for protection, they are murder weapons and need to be kept ONLY in the hands of those who are qualified to use them - the police.

I am VERY thankful that I live in a relatively gun-free country, Canada.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!