View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM

Well, the company my dad works for gives him a free turkey for Thanksgiving and a free ham for Christmas, so for the past couple years, that's what we've eaten Apparently, we used to always do either turkey or roast beef for dinner Christmas Eve, depending on which side of the family we were with (Dad was roast beef; Mom was turkey). But the big thing my family does (used to do) is (was) brunch on Christmas Day. We would, after opening gufts from Santa, have family and friends over and serve fruit salad, egg and sausage casserole, mokey bread (which is delicious), bagels and various breads (possibly Irish Soda Bread; I can't remember if that was reserved for St. Patrick's Day only), and the big star of the whol thing: My great-grandma's recipe for bean casserole. It's always a huge hit, but I don't think beans...or eggs...so I usually end up eating lots of bread and fruit xD I think the beans have bacon bits in them, but I might be making that up since I barely eat them, haha.

one year, when I was about 3 or 4, my mother went full on Martha stewart and made reindeer and snowflake gingerbread ornaments for all of our guests with their names on them, including one for the dog of of neighbors who we occasionaly dogsat for. She also made a bunch of cranberry trees using styrofoam and toothpicks, and well as hotgluing various fake fruits into centerpiece garlands. I think she learned her lesson after that: it's just not worth it xD The cookies were all at least six inches, if not about a foot big...though I could be remembering them larger than they were since I was, you know, a small child (they were litterally as big as my head at the time...or they seemed that way anyway xD)

Our favorite holiday drink: Egg nog, minus the brandy, sometimes cut in half with milk, with a dusting of nutmeg, or in my case, pumpkin pie spice. Yum!

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!