View Single Post
(#45 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-30-2012, 12:51 PM

But wait, there's more! (lol, I warned it was a dump, right?)

For whoever was doing a "Blondes in White" contest a few weeks back, I instantly thought "Marilyn Monroe!" To be completely honest, this one is probably the least favorite of all of my dolls because it is the most boring. I dulled down the background to give it a "noir" feel, but there's really not a lot going on here.

Makers used: Dazzling Divas, . Options ., Styledollz.info (for the background, I think), and I don't recall exactly where I found the dress since I'm pretty sure I've seen it in multiple places.

Now the more recent stuff! For Lovie's Elven Beauties Rd 1, my river elf:

Makers used: Styledollz.info, . Options .
I drew in her elf ears and redid her makeup and nail polish. I also recolored the purple water to blue. This isn't the original version of the doll, as that was lost when my computer unexpectedly quit (HATE it when it does that) before I saved, so the spacing is a little off; I definitely liked my original spacing better. I think I cropped the background differently then. Anyway, instead of using my usual RGB noise on the frame, I went back to glitter tiles to get the "flowing water" effect. Overall I like her, but I think I could have done, and was doing, better. I did deliberately pick a background with a castle cause she's a princess, lol.

Next, for Miranda's "Make This Doll" contest:

I actually love this doll, too; I had a chance to use a frame that usually cuts out way to much of what i have going on. I tried to match it as closely to the image as possible while still making it unique and giving it my own flair. Honestly, it could probably work for the windblown contest too, but I want to make something else for that. I recolored what was originally a wedding dress and used the burn tool (to try and make it look blackened), but it ended up drawing my attention to the brocade design, and I think Ness was responsible for this dress, so kudos to her!

Makers used: Styledollz.info, . Options ., Purrrrfection

Lastly (that I've finished, lol), a doll for Miranda's "Let It Snow" contest:

Honestly, I just did this for the background and dress. everyone else seemed to be doing red, but green works really well too, lol. I've had this background saved to my computer for years but i've never been able to use it. I ended up going for a "snow globe"-y effect, but I'm terrible at animating falling snow, lol. The online programs messed with the transparency, so I drew it in using the brush tool at a litter under 3 pixels wide. (it was size one scaled to 2.7 or so). Anyone else remember this trusty old frame made by Chessie? It felt nice to drag it out again, haha.

Makers used: Styledollz.info, I want to say Doll Gear? (had it for years; don't remember the exact personal maker it came from, but that it came from one of them), and of course Chessie for the frame. I wonder where she's been...

(SIDE NOTE: Okay, I had this doll saved to my comp as "Let It Snow.gif" with no spaced. So it uploads to Photobucket that way. Well, the link got messed up because TDP though I was mentioning anatomy due to the word "it" and the last letter of "let". Really, TDP? You're censoring the middle of a link? smh.)

Anyway, I believe that's all. For now, lol. I am working on a Miss Venus doll, but her headpiece is giving me a headache. Oh well, she's almost done.

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 11-30-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!