(#9 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 11-30-2012, 11:19 AM

Congrats on winning Doll of the Month!!! I really love your use of color on this doll! In addition to all the other CC's I have a few:

The attention to the little details always wins me over. You have SO many little details and I LOVE that! However, one thing is bugging me. The accent on her shoe should be on the other side. You never see accents on the inner-ankle, it's always the outer ankle.

Also, the beauty mark is a favorite of mine (because I have one IRL too!) However, I find that they look better when you use a shadow skin color rather than just a black dot. So like the outer line of her skin tone's color, or even the darkest shadow color of her skin tone might be better. Yeah, beauty marks can be black (mine's a VERY dark brown, but I have black ones elsewhere) however, you have to think that as you zoom out, colors blend. Like when you look at wood grain. If you look VERY closely you can see SOOOO many specific colors, but as you back away they sort of meld together to create 1, or a few colors. Same thing should go for something so small as beauty marks.

Great job! I can't wait to see how your dolls improve next time!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!