View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
erivitale (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-16-2012, 03:28 PM

Wow, i never really explored the forums even though ive been dolling for a while..this post is so important! I'm in recovery for anorexia..I was in treatment for a couple months this time last year after i'd been fainting a lot. and I've been on & off in recovery. It's not been easy. the whole "pro ana" movement was definitely a major catalyst in developing my eating disorder. I started out with the "ABC" diet (Ana Boot Camp diet)...now i realize how absolutely demented that is. Im much better now and at a healthy weight again...but these messages are so harmful for girls everywhere its so sad because once you have this disorder, you don't REALLY want to part with it. which is why its not easy to cure. You have anorexia and you're proud to say it, because that means you're skinny and you don't eat. its messed up i know. but thats the mindset I was (kind of still am?) in. Eating disorders are REAL problems. we musnt call eachother "fat" or "ugly"...everyone is perfect the way they are!!! Poor body image will ALWAYS be a struggle for me, even though I know logically that im not "fat". It's a reality i have to deal with... i just hope my generation can get their act together so my own daughter in the future won't have to go through the same things i did. (the idea of not being able to get pregnant was one of my main motivations in recovery!</3) So yeah. Here's a post from someone who gets it <3 if you're reading and you deal with similar issues, you are not alone. Get help<3 you are beautiful and you deserve health<3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!