View Single Post
(#36 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-21-2012, 07:59 PM

Haha well it was only ONE frame and I had to do quite a bit of cleanup....(wait, I just remembered the ones in the club prop drop....oh yeah )

Thanks, guys! I know, I just couldn't think of ANYTHING for round three that would match up with the previous two dolls (in terms of how I could make it extra complex, haha), and round four kind of fell through due to that. I might make that one anyway, though, since I LOVED the theme.

New dollies! (So happy the club contest dolls were posted because I've been itching to post mine here since I finished it, haha)

Makers used: TDP Angel maker, fire background from google (other from one of TDP personal makers;forgot exactly which one), flames, cloud, and frames from the newly relaunched . Options . ! Awesome maker; if you can, please go rate it a 5 to fix negative ratings from when it first went online 3 or 4 years ago :]

I suppose I did the opposites thing on a subconscious level to make up for not entering the last contest, haha. That, and so I'd have an excuse to use the oh-so-cute demon outfits! I really enjoyed melding the two backgrounds and using two frames that I thought fir the characters. Twas a very fun doll to make!

Aaaand two dolls for Miranda's tektek contest (may msy s third in yet anothrt outfit/style that I use, haha)

The reason I dolled
myself as Dorothy for Miranda's contest is twofold:
one, it's a real costume I had for Halloween at age 5,
and 2 (more importantly), the movie holds deep
spiritual meaning for me because it is a theme used for
one of the retreats at my church, and next time we do
it (in 2014), I'm hoping to play the part of Dorothy.
I was going for a modern-ish interpretation of the costume here (usually she has blue socks, a white blouse with blue trim, and blue bows in her braids)
Background from styledollz.info, frame a gift from Ness

This one is based on my competition attire: a grey skirt suit with dark nylons, black ballet flats, a lavender blouse, rhinestone earrings, and usually pearls, though there weren't any that fit for this particular doll, plus my hair in an updo (fake hair buns for the win! couldn't get it as "curly" as I'd have liked, but the fact that it looks "clean" was more important). The text says "4n6 for Life", which means "forensics for life", which is what the practice of speech and debate is known as in the US. In high school, there is an NFL, or National Forensics League. They host national competitions for speechies from all over the country. The background came from another TDP personal maker (I dulled it a bit so the doll stood out), and the frame is from Pyro's Frames.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!