View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MsShino (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-21-2012, 12:39 PM

Lovie I can totally relate. In Jr. High is when my mental health stuff started getting worse. Depression is not fun when you are an insecure teenage girl. Luckily in High School I had a few amazing friends and that was enough. Now as an adult I find the person that I consider my closest friend is my mom.

Therapy can help. I do reccommend that you ask around about therapists, and don't think that once you have picked one you have to stay with them. Whether you just go to a therapist of an actual psychiatrist you are not obligated to continue if you don't think the fit is right. (I'm lucky cause my mom is/was a psych nurse so I have a great doctor.)

In regards to the mommy thing. Unfortunately a lot of that will have to do with holding your tongue. Depending on how old Gracie is, and where you live, you might be able to find Mommy and Me classes that are hosted at gyms, or daycares or other public places that the other moms can't control. Another thing I have noticed with some mommys is that they can be just as cliquey as tween/teen girls, so sometimes you have to hold your tongue til you can find one that is more accepting, or might be like you and doing it more for their little one than the opportunity to socialize.

MsShino Says:
Color makes me happy!
Sig & AV by Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!