View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 09-20-2012, 12:20 AM

I have always had trouble making and keeping freinds, I tended to always be the person that ruined any relationship, a lot of that was due to my troubled past, and just not knowing how to relate to people, being a stay at home mother doesnt help and you will need to relate to other mothers at some point, at play dates, kindergarten, kids parties & school etc, I am sure you will be fine because the only thing they ever talk about is kids, husbands, housekeeping and cooking, it does get tedious but true freindships can be formed, not for me though I was always too insecure and ended up being awkward in any situation so I learned to enjoy my own company.
Now that my kids are older and I am back in the work force I have learned to get along and be myself around others, it took a while but I found that watching how others interacted with each other was very helpful, it helps you to see what is acceptable and what is unacceptable in terms of behaviour, connversation topics, body language etc, watching people sounds really weird "observing" sounds much better, it will teach you make and maintain freindships, like you Lovie I find it easier with online freinds and when you think about it you met Amy through the doll palace and now you are life long freinds, you couldnt of been too unlikable or "witchy" as you put it, all you need to do is find people that you click with or connect with which isnt easy and that is why I have acquaintances rather then true freinds, it may be something that you will just have to accept and learn to live with...like me.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!