Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-03-2012, 04:33 PM

Another blast from the past of things I dislike about RPing. XD

1. Jumping in.

This is different from the noobs who just post an intro in an RP without checking the number of pages. This kind of person just starts posting without caring whether they're wanted or not. XD As in someone who posted way back in one of the old RPs; she just leapt in with a pointless post that made no sense. Sometimes, the jumper is someone who you've already told in PM that they can't join, other times it's just a random noob posting "can u be my friend" or "this is crap and u r all losers lol". It's very annoying.

2. Ignoring the RP concept.

I used to post on another RP forum at one time; once we had an RP which was a fantasy RP. This person joined with a character who belonged more in a science fiction type of RP; her character was a beautiful alien princess. The RP was nearly killed dead by her idiocy; it was held up for ages while the players tried to hammer it into her thick skull that her character didn't fit in with the fantasy RP.

3. Not listening to advice.

Sometimes, if you have an RP that's open to everyone, you'll get someone wanting to join who's new to the forum, or new to RPing entirely. Sometimes that person will be welcomed into the community, like Queenie, cuz they posted in a reasonable manner, read the rules etc. Other times, that person will carry on posting disgusting Mary Sues and ignore all attempts by players to get them to change their character. Like this person once who posted a profile of a Mary Sue which had about four paragraphs on her looks, and a completely unrealistic backstory. -.- She eventually bowed out with a patronising comment, acting as tho she was an RP expert, when in actual fact she was worse than a novice.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!