View Single Post
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Blondie (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-02-2012, 01:10 AM

I for one, am 100% against smoking... saying that, I'm also in Nursing school, so health promotion is my number one objective. Also, this last summer, i saw two instances of long time smokers coming face to face with the reality that it can kill them. One had a major heart attack and the second had a stroke that caused temporary paralysis in half her face (these were both family friends).

Its not the fact that other people smoking bothers me, thats your choice, but it concerns me how dangerous it is... because i genuinely care about people.

I do agree with some smokers being inconsiderate and ruining it for everyone else. When I went to the community college, i would walk from one class to another and there was almost always someone in front of me smoking, so id try and walk slower to get out of their smoke. The campus did have designated smoking areas but no one used them.

A few years ago in Spokane... im not sure if its just the city or the whole county, but a law was put in place, so to smoke the person has to go outside and has to be 25 feet from any door, window or exit. Also, my current campus at WSU spokane is SMOKE FREE! And i can not tell you how nice it is, you dont notice until its implemented, but its nice to not have people smoking everywhere.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, just voicing my opinion and i respect everyone elses.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!