View Single Post
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 08-18-2012, 07:22 PM

"Fleris? Can you help me with-?" a balding man stepped forward and began to ask Wendy.

"I'm so sorry, but I have a fairly 'urgent' errand to run; you know how the higher-ups get," Wendy said instantly with a wince, riding on the hope that the woman she was impersonating wasn't one of said 'higher-ups'.

He sighed and shook his head. "Isn't that typical? That ol' dragon giving you a hard time? Her needs always come first! But, anyways, how's you husband? He getting any better?"

"Errr, he seems to be," Wendy said, hoping this man would just shove off already lest she say something wrong.

"Hmmm. I hope he is. Tell him hello, won't you? Stop by my desk when you're free; I could really use your help with some of these numbers."

"I promise to do both! Now, I really do need to go or my hide is roasted-" She said, hoping that reminder would work.

To her infinite relief, it did. "Oh, right! Don't want you in trouble over me. I'll see you soon, then," he said before heading off.

She literally sagged with relief.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!