View Single Post
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 08-15-2012, 05:39 PM

I can relate to the emotionless part of your story Rachel, I am the same, take me to a sad movie and I wont shed a tear, basically the only time I cry is when I am greiving over a loss.
Rachel, your parents shouldnt tease you about your not wanting to drive, anxiety can be very difficult to deal with, if you are not ready then dont feel bad about taking your time, some teens drive much later in life and your parents should support you no matter what you do, driving is scary to begin with and teasing you is only going to make the matter worse, starting out in a parking lot or here in Australia my kids learned to drive in an industrial estate where there were no other drivers except for the occasional other learner driver it was a good way of gaining their confidence, driving lessons are also great with a qualified instructor, a little bit pricey but well worth it, when I take my daughters out for driving lessons it is pretty scary because they arent very good drivers yet and to be honest I am not that good of an instructor so driving lessons are a better option for me us all round.
Rachel take your time and drive when you are ready, if you drive while you are anxious then you are going to be more prone to making mistakes out on the road which is only going to make you feel worse in the long run, Good luck!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!