View Single Post
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 08-14-2012, 08:41 AM

I personally have had to deal with depression my whole life, I was diagnosed when I was a yound adult, my father had it and was never treated which explains some of the strange things he used to do, I have sought treatment over the years but never stuck to counselling for more then 6 sessions, anti depressants never worked for me they only gave me severe side effects, I stopped trying meds and have just learned to deal with it or cover it up really, I have become so good at masking it that if you met me you would never know that I had it, I had to force myself to get back out into the workforce and meet new people which was really tough for me, I am now settled in my job and my co workers really like me, it has taken 5 months to really relax and be myself around people at work and I found it really hard to believe that I am a worthwhile likeable person, but I am, people reassure me day in day out just by their actions that I am a worthwhile human being and struggling all these years even today has made me stronger!
I still struggle each day to get out of bed to go to work but I know if i dont that we will suffer financially and that is enough keeps me going, I do it for my family.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!