Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-05-2012, 10:03 PM

I'm doing interior design! Super fun. ^_^

Also, can I mention something...?

TUITION IN NORTH AMERICA IS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!

Being a Canadian, I'm used to paying for most of my services via taxes. Tuition should be free for those who qualify. There are scholarships for good grades, yes, but they don't cover much (hubby got $500 - just enough for books) and...

** PLEASE, NOBODY TAKE OFFENSE, BECAUSE THIS NEXT BIT MIGHT SOUND DISCRIMINATORY **

as a Caucasian Canadian, many of our non-grade based scholarships do not apply to me anyway. I have seen some for pretty much every other race, and many for students from immigrant families as well. I understand they might not have the same opportunities as the majority, but giving away money makes it seem like white Canadian families are all well-off enough to pay for their kids to go and it makes me a little annoyed because both my family and my hubby's are lower-middle class and can't afford to send us (we must pay 100%), but we don't qualify for many scholarships.

Luckily, bursaries (money given by the government to students of lower-income families that never needs to be paid back) exist, or we probably couldn't afford university tuition. Last year, his tuition was over $8,000. It increases every year until it's $10,000 in his final year. It's a 5 year program. It'll end up costing over $40K - JUST FOR HIS. O_O

The government wants everyone to go to school, right? So why so expensive? Not everyone can afford schooling at this price. It needs to be lowered.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!