View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-31-2012, 06:23 PM

One more new one; for the current club contest. Theme was animals and I was assigned winged. I was scrolling through my background collection and was inspired by this one, then ran with my inspiration. This is the result:

I tried something new: actually animating the wings! Of course, that meant I had to make duplicates of everything so things stayed in the right spot (without jumping around), so I'm not as happy with this as I could have been. I had to save early, though, because my comp started acting up, which means the bodies were stuck in a place that looking back I would have liked to fix. I also maybe should have added some bees flying around as props, but was in such a rush to finish that I left them out/forgot I also didn't get to do my normal drop shadow trick due to the aforementioned wonkiness in my computer. Any way, I'm pretty happy with the wing animation and think the background and frame fir well together (I did have to resize the bg a bit, but it worked out pretty well, so I'm happy.

I also did quite a bit of finagling with the legs; that's a unique pose that I made via copy/paste/rotate/erase, and it's probably what took the longest.

used: a frame from Chessie, TheDollmakers.org bumble bee maker, and I think various TDP personal makers for the bg? I don't remember exactly where it came from.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!