View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-19-2012, 11:27 PM

We don't have that food chain in Canada, or at least I've never seen one, but I think if people don't want to eat there based on the owner's beliefs, that's hypocritical. I 100% support g@y marriage, but I have many friends who don't. I respect there opinions like I'd hope the respect mine. For some of the g@Y community to act that way show that they don't respect the beliefs of others - because it's not like the owner's beliefs have ANYTHING to do with their food. The food chain isn't anti-g@y, the owner just doesn't support it. Food is served equally to g@ys, straights, and every other type of person because it's a FOOD CHAIN - not a living being with it's own thoughts/feelings/beliefs.

I watched the first couple episode of the new reality show, The Glass House, and their token g@y man (don't tell me that's unfair - there's only one, and all reality shows have token people to seem "diverse") got into a fight with the Mormon girl over g@y marriage. She respectfully told him she believes it isn't right, but that she has no personal problem with him for being g@y. He FLIPPED OUT and told everyone that keeping her in the house was a vote for inequality. WHAT? She was being respectful of his beliefs (even though she doesn't agree) and he ATTACKED her for hers. =/

What I'm trying to say is people on both sides of the debate need to respect others opinions. The people who don't want to eat there anymore because of the owner's opinions are being disrespectful. BE THE BIGGER PERSON. One of the best things about human beings is our ability to formulate our own opinions based on both facts and personal experiences. If we all thought the same, the world would be boring.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!