Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-28-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmiley View Post
"I'm sorry to have startled you." He said. He listened to her reason and he wrinkled his nose, "I'm sorry to say, but that man was and still is an idiot. Why would he leave a beautiful and strong woman like you? It's preposterous." And Xavier was telling the truth, why would a man do such a thing?
"Several years ago," Felina replied, quietly, "An assassin broke into the palace. I was guarding my Princess. It's very difficult for a female to become a guard; the Cats prefer male ones, but since this was guarding a female, I was hired to protect her. I think that the palace guards figured that I would be useful in keeping an intruder busy til they could come save us.

"This assassin managed to bypass the palace guards and come straight to my Princess' chamber. I caught him before he could strike her, taking his knife blow accross my face. I defeated him, but was left with permanent scarring. I do not regret sacrificing my beauty to save my Princess, but as a result my fiance left me. I had loved him, but I don't think he loved me at all, as he left me and married someone else."

Felina had spent many years holding this story within her; it was a relief to tell someone at last. She had schooled herself not to weep or show weakness, but after telling the story it was an even bigger struggle not to do so.

Phelan paced the decks. He was eaten up with impatience at how long the journey was taking. He walked up to the tiller; before he could speak, Laika said, "Yes, Phelan, I know that the journey is taking a while, but you must remember that this boat is a lot smaller than the one we used to come to the island, and is as well loaded with more people. Of course it's going to take longer. But we should be reaching Canis tonight, as long as the wind holds."

"I hope so," Phelan replied. "It's very important that I talk to Ari. And also to Dad."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!