View Single Post
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 06-14-2012, 03:32 PM

"It was. Felina was a young guard then, but there aren't many female guards in the first place; Noble familes would never let their daughters do it, poor families can't pay for the stuff to get their daughters started, and most middle class girls seem content to take on the business. As such, she was just about to turn fourteen when she was hired.

"Nobody expected trouble because of the top-notch palace guards, so a younger girl being the guard to my room wasn't troublesome at all. But this guy was an expert sneak; he somehow made it into the palace gardens and scaled his way to my window, then forced his way in. Felina was coming in to check on me an spotted him. I woke up to them struggling over me and- and I was so scared I- I nearly messed myself.

"She took him down, but only just. After that, she's always been by my side, but she also seemed to go more and more remote, speaking less. I don't know if it's the scars that haunt her or what, but whatever the case, she's the most brave and loyal woman I know."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!