View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Icewolf (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 05-08-2012, 02:22 PM

My main problem with those ballet shoes is that the soles are too thin. If you live in an area that does get cold in the winter 10oc or less, you'll end up with foot problems if you wear them in cold weather - it can happen with other shoes where the soles are too thin, so always check them. I had a problem with my left foot the other year which started off when it was cold - it had not cleared up by Easter, even though I'd been to the doctors about it on several occasions and lasted until August that year. I think that not being "fashionable" is a small price to pay if it prevents months of pain in your feet which got so bad sometimes that I couldn't walk very far. It's not just choosing inappropriate foot wear though which is to blame because almost every time I go to buy new shoes, I tend to find that nearly all of them are shoddily constructed and have thin soles, even if they are supposed to be boots! It's the manufacturers that are at fault because they want to make shoes as cheaply as possible and sell them as high as they can to make money and aren't bothered about people's health. I now tend to wear trainers all the time, or if the weather is really bad, hiking boots. I do have a pair of normal boots but I only wear those when I need something nice to wear.

I'm not a fan of summer tops because I tend to find that they are too short and again, it's probably cheaper for the manufacturers to make them that way. Fashion is great when it is good quality, but don't be fooled into thinking that ill fitting clothes and shoes are great to wear if they are branded as being fashionable because they aren't.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!