View Single Post
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-23-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I also remember the problem with having a free for all as far as RPing went was that people were constantly complaining to me that their RPs were getting shoved down to the third page. I eventually had to put a ban on new RPs cuz of that. So I'd prefer not to go back to those days, thanks very much.
I don't see why being "pushed down to the third page" is a big problem, really. I always subscrbe to RPs I'm in so that I can see them all on the "My Account" page. So that was never really an issue, it just meant that there were lots of RPs going on. Like I said before, it wasn't just a couple of members, but many different people. If we're talking about people creating too many new ones, yes, that IS an issue, but I thought we had a "only post one RP a month" rule or something to stop that.

Quote:
Having a recognisable plot for an RP isn't difficult and can be achieved by anyone if they have a mind to it. I don't want to go back to the days when all people wrote as a plot was "This is a school with powers. Just list your crush, power and post a gigantic screen stretching generic anime photo before you start!" I think we can come up with a happy medium.
I agree, I don't want one sentence plots either, but I do a happy medium. I don't want people to think they have to write a novel if they want to start a new RP. I figure as long as the plot includes some sort of background information and a conflict, it is enough. The example you gave has no background (other than "this is a school with powers") and absolutely no conflict, so obviously that's not satisfactory.

Quote:
Hayley; if you could facelift the Newbies RP, then go right ahead. ^^ You can PM it to me, and I'll post it. I also had an idea of reviving the Tutoring RP, but instead of it being a tutoring one, have it as an average one that people can just use as a practicing one. Of course, I'll have to keep an eye on it to make sure people aren't spamming in it or anything.
Sure, I'm working on one now. ^_^ We'll talk more about this via PM. Randomness should stay random.

So I had to show my apartment the other day... I have a cat and we aren't allowed to have one. Usually our neighbours look after her during a showing, but they left to visit their parents last Friday and will be gone for the month. Luckily she's rather shy, so she stayed under the bed BUT the people never showed. The landlord came by an hour after when it was supposed to be shown and he told me they got lost and won't follow his directions, so he gave up. >_< I was stressed for nothing. Today I have another showing. Fun.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!