(#12 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 04-05-2012, 11:17 AM

I agree that the effects of second-hand smoke are probably exaggerated, but there have been some studies that found a link between workplace exposure to second-hand smoke and risk of lung cancer.

On principle, I don't think smoking should be banned, because the government doesn't get to control what people ingest into their own bodies; but it should be restricted in some cases when its effects are harmful to other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
spitting, swearing, exposing parts of their body (ie muffin tops and builder's cleavages), emitting noxious fumes (body odour or strong perfume/aftershave), allowing children to shriek, flipping gum on to the floor etc etc. However, you don't see the moral majority cry to ban all those.
Public nudity and littering are in fact illegal in a number of places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronShadows View Post
It's also a fact that for some ridiculous reason, it's socially acceptable to hurl abuse at smokers... but not fat people.
What planet do you live on where it's not acceptable to bully fat people and how do I move there?

Last edited by Elanorea : 04-05-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!