(#8 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-21-2012, 12:49 PM

Yay, I thought this would spark a little debate. =D

Like I said before, my parents have smoked ever since I can remember. My father has tried quitting so many times and I've told my mother to quit at least a dozen times throughout my childhood. I hate the smell of smoke, BUT I have learned to deal with it.

Quote:

Smoking bans should be up to the restaurant or pub owner.
Exactly this. I don't think it's fair the the government to decide. If it's a family restaurant, it's reasonable to not allow smoking on the patio, but for a bar or pub? It just doesn't seem very fair. If I go out drinking with my friends and they have to go have a smoke, you're telling me they have to completely walk off the property? What about standing just outside the patio space? Is that allowed?

I will say, I understand your arguments, naruto, aaron, and lancaster. However, I'm really not talking about the smokers who stand right next to you, or smoking around children and pregnant mothers. We're all people, smokers or not, and many people respect the space of others. But having a cig while chatting outside with some friends when no one else is around? Shouldn't be an issue. This should be a courtesy thing, not a law, IMO.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!