AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 03-21-2012, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterPrincess View Post
I'm sorry but I'll be glad for the day when non-smokers don't have to be burdened with other's poor health choices. I cannot stand the smell of smoke, which is odd since my mother is a chainsmoker. It never used to bother me, but I guess moving away and not having to deal with it everyday has spoiled my lungs after 18 years of defilement.

Most important to my agreement was my recent experience with my pregnancy. The smell was completely nauseating, and harmful to my baby. It was always very irritating to have to be near someone puffing away all the healthy air with their noxious fumes.

Restaurants own that land, inside and out. It should be their decision, and personally, I'd support any pro-healthy establishment in agreeing to this. And if it's forced, YAY for all of us who chose not to blacken our lungs and who want to keep their children safe!
This. I'm a second-hand smoker against my will, and I wish my parents gave as much of a da.mn as you. My mother sometimes just ignores me and tries to hide it behind her back like a small child caught with a stolen cookie, or makes some ridiculous excuse like "it's going up the chimney because I'm holding it here, in front of and above the fireplace." My father looks at me funny, when he's around.

I'm sick of breathing in clouds of their putrid poison. I'm sick of having to think about getting some kind of cancer because of them and I'm really sick of it making the asthma they probably gave me worse. I wouldn't care as much as I do, but then dear mammy tells me never to drink or take drugs (and I don't) or smoke, and breathes a cloud of the vile filth at me. Uh, I'm already smoking, courtesy of you.

To hell with smoking everywhere, period. Let the nicotine addicts whine and cry until the tears flood the world.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!