View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-19-2012, 08:09 AM

The reason why the rules are there is cuz back when there were no rules for the RP forum, it was a complete free for all and everyone just went their own sweet way without bothering to make decent plots or characters. I don't think that it's too much to ask to have people type out a few paragraphs for a plot; most of mine took just ten minutes, if that, once I'd worked out what I wanted to happen in the RP. If anyone has a problem getting a plot sorted, they only have to ask me and I'll gladly help them with it.

In any case, if all you have is just a few lines, a lot of the time the RP gets off to a slow start cuz people are always asking questions about the plot, ie what's allowed and what isn't, or can they have for example this character they have. It's a lot easier if you just set out the plot decently then people know where they stand; for example, if you have an RP world that is all humans, then if you've posted that, then no-one has any excuse to enter a vampire character.

Another pet peeve of mine is people who insist on posting in first person when I've already made it clear that the RP is in third. Personally, I find first person to be a bit confusing, especially if you have more than one character and a lot of people post actions in astericks like this:

*walks in* I then saw everyone just standing there staring at the ceiling and said, "What are you looking at?" *gasps dramatically*

I may be picky but I prefer to show rather than tell as far as actions are concerned; this looks better.

Chana walked into the room and much to her surprise, saw that everyone was just standing in the centre of the room, staring at the ceiling. "What are you looking at?" she asked, curiously.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!