View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-19-2012, 02:28 AM

I will say, I think the rules are kind of strict if you're trying to introduce new players. Sure there's newbies RPs, but they never really go anywhere. I would love to start one for the average RPer and actually keep it, you know, ALIVE. xD Although all the rules make perfectly good sense, I do think they might be somewhat intimidating for newbies. I got into RPing by playing part in one of those "this is about highschool kids with powers" RPs, and after that I started improving. I was totally with you guys BEFORE I left, but now I'm kind of thinking, why does it matter if it's not completely well-plotted or has a certain number of paragraphs, or falls in to a specific category that's already full? If it's not your thing, don't enter it. As long as the characters aren't way too perfect, or if it's an exact repost, or it the plot is literally a sentence long, or if no one wanted to join... I honestly don't see the problem.

Anyway, that's not a pet peeve, but rather an opinion on rules here. I'm not saying things should change, I just wanted to mention that, I suppose. My fingers typed that our with no real reason. Strange.... Well, my pet peeves are:

1. When I'm the last post and no one posts afterwards and then it dies out. That always made me sad. Then again, sometimes I had nothing to post and wouldn't post either, so I guess it works both ways.

2. People entering WAYYYY too far in. I hate when people try to enter an RP that is already 50+ pages long. Unless I feel like it's dying or that person has read all the pages and wants to enter, then no. >_<

3. Pretty much everything already started.

4. When people use no writing skills whatsoever. You know the ones... They RP like:

Quote:
hi, i'm andrew. we should be best friends. *shakes hands*
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!