View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 03-11-2012, 10:28 AM

Thanks for your comment as well, Miranda. Two comments, yay! =D All I had to do was threaten to kick some boot-ay.

I agree. If you guys must know, I'm not too good with pixelling on realistic bases. But don't tell anyone. So I'm not sure how I'd fair making a realistic base. If I did a realistic shape, I'd probably have to shade it realistically, in which case it wouldn't really feel like "me".

Something I do mean to start doing though is using more colours in my palette. I generally use 4-5. Outline, Shadows, Base, Highlights (and sometimes secondary highlights). I feel like I should use more, but when I do, it doesn't look as... cute? I like cute and cartoony. XD

EDIT: Okay, my version, and the edited version with flow-y hair and shaded scales. Opinions? I did turn the bright scales slightly more blue, so there's less contrast. I'm not sure if I like that better or worse either. I mean, I do like the hair on the edited one and the scales are nice too, but I kinda like my simpler version still. =/ Hm.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 03-11-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!